To use Zaplee with softphones like X-lite as extensions, complete the following steps:
- Log into your Zaplee account
- Go to the Employees tab
- Select (or Add) the employee you want to provide with SIP phones
- Select (SIP) as the extension type (You will see two greyed out boxes)
- Press Save Changes!
- You should see your credentials appear in the grey boxes OR you can click on either box and a pop-up will show up displaying the SIP authentication credentials (username/password) for that extension on Zaplee (write these down)
- Your SIP/IP Phone will ask for three credentials: username, password (provided in step 5) and domain(s) - for domain - please use ast2.zaplee.com
- Once authenticated - all calls to that extensions would go to the designated SIP phone/device.
If you find issues with registration of your SIP phone or softphone. Please check the following
You should be able to ping ast2.zaplee.com from command prompt. If the request times out then there is no connectivity from your end, indicating possibly
your are behind firewall which blocks. You need to work with your network admin.